It was announced earlier today that Rachel is one of the people who joined NBC’s The Red Nose Day Special. The special is in support of Red Nose Day, an annual charity campaign to help end child poverty which was founded by Richard Curtis. This reunites Rachel and Mr. Curtis who previously worked together on “About Time” which he wrote and directed. It has not been announced yet in what capacity Rachel will appear in the special, but be sure to tune in on May 25 and check your local listings for the time. For more information about Red Nose Day be sure to visit their official website.
More stars are joining NBC’s star-studded television event THE RED NOSE DAY SPECIAL on Thursday, May 25 (10-11 p.m. ET) to have fun, raise money and change the lives of children in need in the U.S. and in some of the poorest communities around the world. Bryan Cranston, Mindy Kaling, Matt Lauer, Rachel McAdams, Seth Meyers, Bobby Moynihan, Al Roker, Ben Stiller and Kenan Thompson have joined NBC’s third annual special to benefit Red Nose Day, an annual charity campaign to help end child poverty.
In support of the Red Nose Day campaign, iconic buildings across the country will light up in red on May 25, including the EMPIRE State Building in New York City, the Willis Tower in Chicago, the U.S. Bank Tower in Los Angeles, the Miami Tower in Miami, the Bank of America Plaza in Dallas, the Orlando Eye in Orlando, and the WoodmenLife Tower in Omaha. The Terminal Tower in Cleveland will turn red on May 24.
The one-hour “Red Nose Day Special,” hosted by comedian Chris Hardwick, will be broadcast live from Rockefeller Plaza in New York City in support of the Red Nose Day charity campaign. Previously announced stars appearing include Ben Affleck, Jack Black, Orlando Bloom, Yvette Nicole Brown, Patrick Dempsey, Akbar Gbajabiamila, Bear Grylls, Mark Hamill, Matt Iseman, DJ Khaled, Julia Roberts, Paul Rudd and Dax Shepard, along with “This Is Us” cast members Milo Ventimiglia, Mandy Moore, Sterling K. Brown, Chrissy Metz, Justin Hartley, Chris Sullivan, Susan Kelechi Watson and Ron Cephas Jones.
We want to remind you that “About Time” is available on DVD/Blu-Ray starting today in the US and since yesterday in the UK. The movie is written and directed by Richard Curtis and Rachel stars alongside Domhnall Gleeson, Bill Nighy, Lydia Wilson, Lindsay Duncan, Margot Robbie and many more. The movie made over $85 million in the box office world wide. Be sure to check out our previous post to find out more about the DVD/Blu-Ray extras. We also finished the movie section in our gallery so be sure to head over to our gallery to check it out. Stay tuned, we have a special “About Time” post coming up later this week!
Rachel is enjoying her time off after wrapping up filming the still Untitled Cameron Crowe Project in Hawaii so there is not much news to update on. We will round-up come news tidbits in this update.
• The Box Office reported that “About Time broke a box office record in South Korea after debuting #1 in the box office. The movie already grossed over 82 million world wide to date according to Box Office Mojo.
South Korean audiences have been falling in love over and over again with About Time. The film became the biggest foreign romantic comedy of all time in South Korea and is Universal’s biggest release of the year in the market with an 18-day $14.2 million cume. About Time finished its third weekend in South Korea in third place with a $2.9 million take from 289 dates. The romantic comedy enjoyed a limited release in Brazil to the tune of $200k from 122 dates to place eigth in the weekend chart. About Time has grossed a total of $59.7 million overseas and $74.9 million worldwide
“About Time” will be released February 3 (UK) and February 4 on DVD/Blu-Ray. The Digital HD US release date is already next week on January 21. The Itunes Extras are the same as the DVD/Blu-Ray ones.
• The Salt Lake Tribute is reporting that Rachel and her co-stars Philip Seymour Hoffman, Willem Dafoe and Robin Wright are expected to attend the Sundance Film Festival premiere of “A Most Wanted Man“. The festival runs from January 16-26 in Park City, Utah. The movie is selected for the premies selection (out of competition) and will have it’s first screening Sunday, January 19.
Rachel McAdams » “About Time,” “The Notebook” » “A Most Wanted Man” (Premieres)
• “Passengers” screenwriter John Spaiths revealed on his official twitter account that will be entirely shot on Sound Stages at Pinewood Studio Berlin, Germany. It was previously reported that the movie is expected to start filming late Feburary/early March but no exact date has been announced. Rachel and Keanu Reeves are currently attached to start and The Weinstein Company set the release to April 3, 2015.
Universal announced the DVD and Blu-Ray release for “About Time“. The UK release date has been set on Monday February 3, 2014 and the US release date is a day later on February 4. Both the DVD and Blu-Ray will have extra features, but the Blu-Ray edition will have 3 additional ones. You can already pre-order it on Amazon.com: DVD, Blu-Ray (UK) + DVD, DVD/Blu-Ray Combo (US).
Bonus Features Available Exclusively on Blu-ray
• About Tim and Time Travel: Questions such as where did the time travel idea come from, what Tim does with this new found power and what effect it has on him are answered. Plus, a brief guide to the mechanics of time travel.
• The Look – Style and Locations: Across many iconic London locations and the delights that Cornwall in the summertime has to offer, gain insight into the visual quality of About Time and the look Richard Curtis decided to give this film.
• The World of Richard Curtis: Explore the sensibilities and aesthetic of Richard Curtis’ films – from the atmosphere on set, to the feel of the films and in particular how About Time fits into his body of work.
Bonus Features on Blu-ray and DVD
• Deleted Scenes: With Introductions by Director Richard Curtis
• Blooper Reel: Making Movies is a Serious Business
• The “Luckiest” Music: Why Richard Curtis picked Ben Folds’ “The Luckiest” for About Time
• Ellie Goulding “How Long Will I Love You?” Music Video
• Feature Commentary with Director Richard Curtis and Cast Members Domhnall Gleeson, Bill Nighy, Vanessa Kirby, Lydia Wilson and Tom Hollander
The Box Office is reporting that “About Time” topped the South-Korean box office this weekend with 4 million and doubling the opening weekend numbers of Love Actually in the country.
The Hollywood News is reporting that a special final UK screening of “About Time” in theaters will be held next week. You can (pre)oder tickets over here.
THN love an original event and on Sunday 1st December the flicker club will host a unique Finale screening of Richard Curtis’ summer hit ABOUT TIME, with a special personal introduction from the man who brought us FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL, NOTTING HILL and LOVE ACTUALLY. For those special event at Bounce, the home of ping pong, your ticket would included the movie, a rare chat with the director AND ping pong. What more could you possibly need?!
Variety is reporting that Picturehouse and Universal Pictures are hosting special screenings of “About Time” in the UK to raise proceeds for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines. You can book your tickets over here.
U.K. movie theater chain Picturehouse and Universal Pictures have linked up to stage a special charity screening in aid of the victims of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines.
Screenings of Richard Curtis’ sci-fi romantic comedy “About Time,” starring Bill Nighy, Domhnall Gleeson and Rachel McAdams, will be held at 19 Picturehouse theaters in the U.K. on Nov. 23.
We want to remind you that “About Time” is now playing in theaters nationwide in the US. The movie got a limited release last week. We highly recommend everyone to go see this movie. It’s written and directed by Richard Curtis and it’s truly one of the sweetest, most beautiful and heartwarming movies Rachel has been apart of. The international release dates can be found on the official facebook account.